Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The expansion of devotion is wisdom


On July 2001, due to boundless compassion of Swami, I happened to meet Vasantha Sai (fondly known as Amma), the Universal Mother of Prema, who hails from the small village of Vadakkampatti, near Madurai in Tamil Nadu.

On that day, Amma was holding a copy of her book ‘Sai Gita Pravachanam’ in her hands. She had just gotten Swami’s blessings, which was shown by the presence of vibhuthi inside the cover. As she was talking about the book, an idea came in my mind. I asked her if I could undertake a translation of the book into English. Amma went inside the pooja room and after praying, handed me the book for translation.

Since that day, I have traveled on a thought-provoking treatise on the Gita. By using her life experiences and colorful anecdotes, every chapter of the Gita has been lucidly explained. It is accessible and easily understood by all. Everywhere Amma has given words of encouragement to the readers. She has asked them to put into practice at least one sloka in their daily lives.
Owing to Swami’s blessings, I completed my translation. Swami was the beacon to guide me at every step, I am only His instrument. Amma, with her abundant Prema granted me the pleasure of translating the book. Sri Sai Srinivasan has given me encouragement. I am indebted to Sri Jaya Prakash for his assistance in the translation. I submit this translation at the lotus feet of Bhagavan.

N. Rajamani