Friday, February 6, 2015

Awareness Article #48   Copyright © 2013 Sri Vasantha Sai Books &                                                                                                                                   Publications Trust

Chapter 48
FUNERAL & MARRIAGE - Same Day
My body is not well. Dots have again appeared on my scalp and my hair is falling
out. What should we do? Which doctor shall we consult? Today Swami gave a bouquet
of five lily flowers, which had five leaves. He also gave a box of turmeric, yet inside was
sandal powder. In the afternoon, I read the June issue of Sanathana Sarathi. Here many
devotees have written about their experiences. After reading, I began to cry and cry,
"Why don't I have such experiences?" All consoled me. 
Noon meditation
Swami :  Why are you crying in this way?
Vasantha :  I do not have such experiences. How much they have enjoyed.
Swami : None has had your experience. Theirs was only an outer experience.
Yours is within.
Vasantha :  Swami, I have no experience. What is the use in writing? You have also
not come.
Swami :  Sure I will come. 
Vasantha :  Swami we all discussed whether we should call the dentist or ENT doctor. 
Swami :  No. No doctor. All will be okay. 
Vasantha :  Should we go see Dr. Vijay Kumar or Dr. Ramaswami?
 Swami :  Both are the same. Take the medicine that they prescribe.
 Vasantha : Will You write which doctor or medicine? Till You come, write
something... a remedy for the difficulties in my body. What shall I do with
the sandal powder?
Swami :  At night, apply it on your body. Do the same during the day
.

1



Vasantha :  Swami what are the lily flowers?
Swami :  The entire Sathya Yuga is only our marriage. 
Vasantha :  Now I understand Swami.
End of meditation
Let us see about this. Inside the box of turmeric was sandal powder, which was
very fragrant. How did this box appear in the office? Swami told to apply it on my body.
Many doctors have come to see me, yet none could diagnose or cure my disease though
their medicine did provide some relief. We then searched the internet to gather more
information about these lily flowers. Below are few excerpts we found:
The common question asked by many after seeing a calla lily as a
wedding flower and even funeral flower is, what does the cala lily
symbolize? The Christian Easter service uses the cala lily as a symbol of
resurrection. The cone-like flowers are thought to symbolize trumpets
heralding Christ's victory over death. This flower also symbolizes the Virgin
Mary, her purity, holiness and faith. Lilies are strong symbols of rebirth at
spring, youth and innocence. The white flower symbolizes cleanliness,
rectitude and virginity. Thus, these lilies symbolize the brilliance of truth
and holiness. The lilies are also symbolic of elegance and sophistication.
They are the traditional symbols of marriage. They are also used to mark
th
the 6 wedding anniversary. The classic white calla lily meaning stands for

purity of thought and the eloquence of heavenly bliss