Monday, October 6, 2014

If every family sacrifices one person to live for God alone, their Karma will not affect them so severely. An example. Nirmala has been with me for many years. She has sacrificed all to live here in Mukthi Nilayam. Last year, her sister was put in prison, leaving her newborn child. Nirmala cried. I prayed to Swami and within a week her sister was released. Sometime later, she received a phone call that her brother had been admitted to hospital with an aneurism on the brain. I prayed to Swami. He recovered shortly afterwards. She told me only once. I also prayed only one time for each of them. How was all resolved? All happened due to Nirmala’s sacrifice and faith. If one has complete sacrifice, Karma ceases to have an adverse effect. Without sacrificing, without living for God, some ask, ‘Can’t our Karma be changed or lessened?’ The answer is no. I have written in the previous chapter all must experience their own Karmas. Through the examples of the two families, you will understand the functioning of Karmic law. The following sloka from the Upanishads tells,

‘Na Karmana Na prajaya Na DhanenaThyageineke Amrutatwa Manasu’

continued...