Saturday, March 1, 2014

As the flame of lamp kept in a windless place does not flicker, so the illumined self is very radiant.


This is my state. The feelings of Universal Motherhood surge in me. My tears will not stop and my struggle will not end until I have obtained Mukthi for all.
Love is One. Love towards God is Prema. When it expands to the whole world, it becomes Universal Motherhood. Seeing God alone and showering love on Him is Prema. This is dvaita, duality. The mind that is absorbed in God, begins to see Him everywhere. Seeing God everywhere is advaita, non-duality Since I wanted to marry God, I now see all in the world as my children.
Prema ripens into motherly feelings. At first the mind should be focused on a single form. This is Prema. I showered my love one pointedly on God. When my love expanded to encompass the world, it became Universal Motherhood.
All of us have felt a mother’s affection, love and sacrifice. If the feelings of a mother towards a child are so intense, then imagine the power of the feelings of a mother who considers the entire world as her children. Contemplate on this and you will understand my state.