Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thought for the day

Prema is beyond name,  form, place and time.

From the book Liberation Here Itself Right Now Pt 3

Mother Sita who was separated from Lord Rama 

was desolate in Ravana’s prison. Ravana had 

taken her away from Lord Rama and locked her 

up in his garden at Ashokavan. She was 

surrounded by the demonesses who kept watch 

on her. They threatened Mother Sita and told 

her she must forget Rama and accept Ravana. 

Left out in the cold, Mother Sita suffered 

terribly. Similarly, now I am in a prison away 

from my Sai Rama. Sita was imprisoned for only 

ten months, whereas I have been confined for 

sixty three years chanting the name Sai Ram. 

There was no sign of solace for my pain of 

separation for the very long period of sixty 

years; until Bhagavan signed and approved my 

book Liberation…Pt.1. Now, like the threats by 

Ravana and the asuras, I too am threatened, 

insulted, belittled and encounter oh…so many 

obstacles that I don’t care to write!


Believing that some day her Lord will come and rescue her, Sita’s life was swinging between hope and utter distress. Finally, she could bear the sorrow no longer and was about to kill herself. At that very moment Sri Hanuman appeared chanting the nectarine name of Lord Rama and gave her new life. Sri Hanuman gave Lord Rama’s ring and conveyed His message to Her.
In the same way, I felt I couldn’t live any longer without Bhagavan’s declaration. I began to share with those around me, my innermost feelings, “My Mother Bhooma Devi will not be patient anymore. She will not bear her daughter’s sorrow any longer. She will tell Bhagavan, ‘My daughter has suffered enough because of You. I am going to take her with me.’ After this the earth will open and I will disappear inside.” With this thought I prayed to my Mother Bhooma Devi, “I don’t want this worldly life any more. Enough of my suffering! Take me with you.” 
It was during this time, Yamini and her father spoke with me. They said that they had seen a devotee in Puttaparthi. He had told them that he would bring a message from Swami for me. Yamini said, “Like Sri Hanuman, he is going to bring a message to you from Swami.” My heart was soothed and I forgot my pain. That afternoon a devotee came, bringing with him a ‘message’, a kerchief from Swami! I wiped away my tears with the kerchief Bhagavan had sent. I was in the state of Sita who saw Sri Rama’s ring. I kept the kerchief on my head, face, eyes… how can I describe those feelings? My Lord has finally showered His grace. He sent a messenger and gave me new life. After all these years of imprisonment and penance, Swami has directly sent him as a real confirmation. Oh My God! Sixty years of penance has yielded fruit. Even though Swami talks to me in meditation and I write in books, the world will believe only if there is recognition from His physical form. By this grace of Swami all my pain and suffering for the past sixty years has ended. My Lord has come to rescue me from prison. I have earned His protection. He has shown that I am His possession. Like Mother Sita who was in the hands of demons, I have suffered all these years in fear and anxiety. Now my fear is dispelled by knowing my Sai Rama’s protection.