Tuesday, October 1, 2013


Thougth for the Day
Atma darshan is the vision of the soul; it is Self-realisation

For the book Struggle for Truth


There are two types of knowledge, worldly knowledge and spiritual knowledge. There is no use in only having worldly knowledge. It is only through spiritual knowledge that we can know and reach God. We can then become free from the cycle of birth and death. How many years have we been caught in this cycle? In order to become free, spiritual knowledge is required. What did Paramahamsa Ramakrishna and Ramana Maharishi learn? Saints do not learn worldly knowledge. Many saints show this through their life. Human birth is only to attain God. We should not waste it. When we know of God, it is Brahma Jnana or wisdom. When we acquire this wisdom we attain Mukthi. Mukthi means freedom. Man is a slave of ‘I and mine’, and is enslaved by the senses and mind. It is only when we are free from this slavery that we attain Mukthi. My life shows this. From birth I have cried for God. I wrote thousands of songs and poems, filled with wisdom. I have had this wisdom from a very young age. Swami reveals great wisdom to me, which I write in a simple way.