Friday, August 29, 2014

Through the path of sadhana the sadhaka rises higher and higher in spirituality

Sathya Yuga
and Karmic Law

by
Vasantha Sai



What of the mind? The mind is a bundle of thoughts. What is the root of thought? Where do they come from? If we analyze, we will find out that the root of the mind is ‘I’. Who is I? I indicates name and form. What does the name and form show? It indicates the body. Time and again, man affirms that he is the name and form, ‘I am the body’.
Now that we have found the root of the mind, let us look into ‘matter’. What is ‘matter?’ Where is its root? What is its source? Let us contemplate.
All say ‘I and mine’. ‘I’ is the root of the mind and ‘mine’ is the root of matter. Man says, ‘My husband, my wife, my wealth, my profession, my car, my city’. In this way, he creates a long chain of ‘mine’. As this ‘mine’ possesses many things (matter), the mind continually runs in pursuit of them. Will this ever end? Whatever the mind sees it wants to possess. Desire becomes ‘I’. Desires become thoughts. The mind is a bundle of these thoughts.
The mind is ‘I’; ‘I’ denotes the body. The mind constantly runs after things and people it sees. It is running birth after birth. It is an endless journey.
How does the mind function? Let us see an example. Yesterday, while I was speaking about mind and matter, I asked Kanha to pronounce a word for me. The word was, ‘transcendental’. He did so and I said, “What is it…dental… dental?” When I said the word, ‘dental’, Nirmala pointed to her tooth and said, “Yesterday I had toothache.” All then told about their teeth. Kanha said, “Dr Lambodharan is our dentist.” I said, “His father is also a dentist.”

continued...