Thursday, January 29, 2015

Awareness Article #7
CHINMAYARASA:
The Taste of the Divine Consciousness
Swami gave a bookmark with the following words written onit:
Truth is the seed, moral conduct is the root,love is the water,
peace is the flower and bliss is the fruit...
Baba
I asked Swami about this.
27 April 2013 Meditation
Vasantha:Swami, what is this bookmark?
Swami:You write. Your life is the seed of Sathya Yuga. You are born from Truth.
End of meditation
Now let us see about this. I am born from Sathya, from Swami. My life is filled
with moral conduct only. Before, I never knew anything about the world. I could not
understand the nature of human beings. As I am born directly from God, I do not know
anything about this world. I know and have only one way, which is the path of morality.
I do not know anything other than this. I do not knowworldlybehavior. Love is the
water for this. For the seed of truth to grow, the water of love is required and necessary.
How can I change the world through this love?
Here isan example.A family gave me three saris. Yet, they were all different
colors; I could not wear any of them. The label and the price tagsonthemhad also been
removed. The only thing we knewwas the name of the shop,‘Pothys’, as it was on the
bag the saris came in.Yet, the saris were bought from their Kerala branch. Eddy and
Nicola had to go to Madurai the next day and I said, “If it is possible, try and change
them for another sari.They then called me from the shop and said thatPothysagreed
to take the saris and gave them a credit note, which could be used at any time. I was
filled with wonder!
When they came in theevening,Eddy said theshopgave the money. That night I
contemplated,‘How did they give the money? The sari has no bill, noprice.Howcould
they give? Did they force them to give? I do not want anyone to be hurt in this way. I
thought I would send Amar in the morning and buy any sari. In the morning, when we
went to the Garbha Kottam I askedEddy, "How did they give the credit note so easil
y,

1


did you compel them?"I asked crying. Eddysaid, “Amma, we have learned the lesson
from you not tohurt others. We would never compel othersin this way.Nicola said, “I

bought blousepieces in the shop and gave Eddy the money for the credit note.”