Thursday, April 11, 2013

ΤHOUGHT FOR THE DAY - FROM THE BOOK "LIBERATION HERE ITSELF RIGHT NOW


Thought for the Day

"God is Love" is preaching.
"Love is God" is practicing.









                              STAR MARK ON MY PALM

            I was reading the book, 'Nara Narayana Gufa Ashram' where Swami says, "Very often you say that you are a Sai devotee, but have you ever thought whether Baba has accepted you as His devotee? Have you ever taken steps to know about it?"
                      (missing drawing)
                     "Star near heart line on the palm"
            After reading this, I recalled an incident that took place in my life. On one occasion   I asked for the following boon, "Swami! If you have accepted me as your devotee, please put a star mark on my palm. You have shown a rainbow to Diane and Joel Baskin in the noon sky when the sun was scorching."

Everyday, whenever I found time, I would look at my palm to find out whether there was any star mark; there was none. I was desperately longing for the mark. I did not know what Swami's decision would be regarding this. How could I remain calm awaiting His verdict? I was praying and crying. I felt that my life and its goal rested on this single mark of approval. My goal was to see Kanha face to face. I am living for this purpose alone. After three days of intense pain and struggle, a miracle happened.

On the 14 October 1986, not one but two star marks appeared on my right palm. At once, I sang and danced. The Lord had bestowed upon me not just one, but two marks. Is there any limit to His mercy? Now after 11 years, one star mark remains, the other having disappeared.

One day when I was in a state of not being able to do anything because of thinking about Swami, He came. Swami held my hand and looked at my palm and said, "Those who have these lines will see the unseen, will hear the unheard, will speak the unspoken; the Master of the world is in the palm of their hand."

I opened the Gita looking for a proof. The page I opened read, "Poorna Yoga - the vision of the Supreme being everywhere. I was very confused and wondered if Swami was asking me to release Him from my grasp. Then came a monthly magazine called, 'Dharma Chakra', in which was written:

            Oh Lord, in front of the whole world, You are making this unworthy soul hear the            unheard and see the unseen. You have given me another boon. My great Lord You   have bestowed liberation on this poor soul and saved me from rebirth.

Oh! What wonderful grace! This verse suited Swami's palm reading prophecy. Swami is making me write all this for the sake of the readers. It is His grace that makes me write the unwritten.

Sri Ramakrishna has said that both the bhaktha and Bhagavan are swept away in a flood of devotion and unite. How true it is!