Saturday, April 27, 2013

Thought for the day
In the causal world, one is at the frontier of Truth

From the book Ananda Sutra


Love is God

17th July 2008 Evening Meditation

Vasantha: Swami, why did I ask You to give back my ‘i’? I want only You.

Swami: Whatever you write is correct. I will give you the ruling power. All will come
under your command.

Vasantha: Swami, I do not want all these things. I do not want to destroy the world.

Swami: This is not destruction. You said that you will destroy the world with your flood of Prema. Prema will never destroy the world; it will only destroy the evil in it. Prema will then fill everywhere.

Vasantha: Swami, is it all true? Is it not correct what I wrote?

Swami: Whatever you write is correct. I will give you the power… you write this.


End of Meditation

If I were to write negatively about something, Swami changes it and makes me look at it positively. I wrote Him a letter saying, ‘Give back my ‘i’. I said in it that if I command, the Chitravathi will flood and destroy the world. Swami now says that the Chitravathi is the Prema river. Prema will never destroy the world; it can only destroy the evil forces in it.
Earlier I wrote in the chapter, ‘Prema itself is Pralaya’, that the world cannot bear the  force of our Prema.  Swami said, "It is not the right time, the world must mature. When the time comes, Prema will not destroy the people, but the evil forces in the world. Then alone Prema can fill everywhere.”
These mountain ranges are the peaks of wisdom. These peaks surround me. It shows the Brahman state which none can attain. Even if one is in the Brahman state, Prema is required. Brahman rules the world. However, Prema is God. God is Prema.

God is the Supreme Absolute, the unseen force that flows beneath Him is Prema. The high peaks that surround me and the Prema river flowing below shows this. God’s ruling power is everywhere. In the same way, Prema is all pervading. The pure Prema focused on God alone, becomes God. This proves that God is Love, and Love is God. Only when I realize my powers, will I have I. I am asking Swami to give back my ‘i’. Only if I have an ‘i’ will wisdom function.

18th July 2008 Morning Meditation

Vasantha: Swami, the ruling power You want to give to me, give to someone else. Your feet are enough. If Your feet are placed on one side of a scale and the ruling power of the world on the other, it will not equal Your feet. I do not want it. Please give me Your feet. It is enough for me.

Swami: Do not cry. What is ruling power? It is the ability to control and command all. You compared the mountains with the peaks of wisdom. The walls that surround you are wisdom’s fort. The roof is Truth. Prema is the river. What lies in between is not Ashokavana, but the Queen's chamber. None can enter. Nobody can reach this peak.  Here you feel secure, without fear. This is why I called you to Puttaparthi, asking you to stay. Where there is fear, the power to control and command cannot function.  For these powers are to function, there must be fearlessness.

End of Meditation

Swami told that ruling power is the ability to control and command anything.

Though I attained the Brahman state, fear remains. As I do not have an ‘i’, I am always in fear. When there is fear no power can function.

Why did fear come? From where has it come from? It comes from feelings of insecurity. Here in Puttaparthi, I have Swami's nearness and so I feel protected. This is why Swami said "Stay in Puttaparthi for seven days.”

My mind always thinks, 'Can I go to Swami? Will anyone say anything to me?’ It is in this way that fear remains with me. As I have no ‘i’, I cannot feel my state, so the fear is present.

One who has attained the Brahman state does not remain in physical the body. I however remain in the body, with the desire to merge in Swami’s physical form. Therefore there is fear. Here, I am near to Swami and so have feelings of freedom. I am surrounded by walls of wisdom. The roof is Truth.  Flowing below is the Prema river. In the middle of this is Ashokavana. Swami said, "It is not Ashokavana, but the Queen’s chamber.” Here I there is no fear, I feel secure.  In Puttaparthi, Swami has proved God is love. He has shown that God is verily the embodiment of Love. My life proves that Love is God. It reveals how Prema becomes God. As all know that God is love, when they see Swami they derive bliss.

As Swami is showing that He is God, all cannot move freely with Him and get what they want. Swami has an organization with lays down rules and regulations. No one can go near Him without He Himself calling. This is God is love.

If Prema becomes God how would it be? The love of a devotee, which is focused on God expands and expands to become God.  In Puttaparthi, God is showing His love. Here love is showing God. There we see God's Prema. Here Prema is showing God. Here Prema had no rules and regulations, no organization, no security. Whoever comes, they will experience as much as they desire. This Prema shows that wherever one looks, God is there. I proved this through my life, that love is God. Here only Prema is God. It has no name and form. The world creates a name and form for God. Then it tries to contain this God inside a name and form. For that name and form God the world create rules and regulations.  Here the Prema has no name and form, this Prema is not contained in anything. It fills itself throughout the entire world. Here Prema has no ‘i’. When ‘i’ is there, then there is name and form. If there is no ‘i’ there is no name and form.

‘God is love’, all understand.

‘Love is God’, not all understand. In order to show this state to the world, the mischievous Lord stole my ‘i’. No, no, He did not steal it. When God state came to this ‘i’, I cried, "I do not want it, you take it away.”  I then myself offered the ‘i’ to Him. Now there is no ‘i’, so there is freedom for Prema to fill everywhere. Any one who wants can experience this Prema and derive bliss.
Who can limit the infinite space? Who can place conditions on the boundless ocean? Who can contain the ever free air in a body sac? In the same way, the all-pervasive Prema has no rules or regulations. God is love. He is creating an illusion, which makes people think that he can be contained in this small form. This is God is Love.
Love is God, it cannot be contained anywhere.  Swami always preaches God is love, God is love, He says Prema Swarupalara, embodiments of love.

Love is God, Swami demonstrates through me.

God is love, is preaching.

Love is God, is practicing.

The hearts of those who read these truths are touched; they realize and feel the truth and it gives them bliss. My truth gives them the same bliss that they would get from seeing Swami.

An example. Galatia a devotee from Greece heard about me and began to read my books. The first book touched her heart and made her know Truth. She then contacted me by phone and we spoke many times. She read all my books and spoke about me to many people in Greece. On her first visit to the ashram she came with 16 devotees.
The group donated a lot of money toward the Stupi’s construction. They have translated my books into Greek and phone me daily.
As I am mad for Swami, they are mad for me. In Mukthi Nilayam Galatia's and Machi's family are very important, visiting the Ashram every few months.
They experience my nearness to me, which is not available from Swami. Every time they come here they take my pillow cases, the mattress, old saris, kerchiefs, whatever I have used they want. They are living only for me. They come from ordinary families. Whatever money they earn they spend to come and see me. They say, “Seeing you, we are blissful. We are living only for you, it is bliss. We spend for you, it is bliss.” This is not a worldly attachment or connection. It is not worldly happiness. It is the bliss that comes from finding Truth. The Truth of my writing gives them bliss. It cannot be explained in words. It can only be felt through sacrifice. This year they performed many austerities for Swami and I to meet on May 27th. During the yagnas they performed they wrote many letters to Devas and offered them in the fire. Swami also blessed their efforts by showering their letters with vibhuti. He showed many proofs in pictures from the yagna.
They took the mattress which I had used for 6 years back to Greece with them.  They chanted mantra, performed yagna and did abhishekam to the mattress. Swami blessed their devotion by putting vibhuti all over the top of the mattress. As I always meditate and lie on this mattress, they have full faith that Swami’s and my feelings are there. For this faith more truth is revealed to them. To others may seem like madness, for them its gives bliss. Those who realise my truth acquire bliss from the small things that I have used. They take saftey pins, hair pins; Truth reveals itself in everything and gives them bliss. This proves how Prema is revealing Truth. When they hear my voice on the phone, they become blissful. In Puttaparthi I told them, "You go and see Swami." They said, "We see Swami in your eyes. We see Swami in your form." The same is written in the Suka nadi. Whoever sees my eyes realises that they are Swami’s eyes. This is proof for what Sage Suka had said in the naadi.

I am ever in thoughts of Swami, without even a fraction of a second’s break. This Prema makes my body like Swami's. Swami has taken away my ‘i’ and filled His Truth in me. Whatever bliss one gets seeing Swami, the same bliss will come seeing me.  They realise my truth and so derive bliss. They want to take the water which I have drunk back to Greece.
Once I had asked Swami, "Please give the water from Your tumbler.” A devotee from Puttaparthi then sent half a spoon of water from a cup Swami had drunk from in a small vial. I added this to a tumbler of water and shared with all. This all seems like madness. Prema does not consider this. This Prema desires to connect itself in any way to the one it loves.  These small actions give much happiness. In the same way I ask Swami for many small things, they too ask me. These examples show the bliss that Truth gives. 
Every time they come to my room in Sai Gouri, they bring something. I told them, “If you keep bringing me things, we will have to hire a van for our luggage!” They said, "What we do, whatever we see, we think ‘This is for Amma, that is for Amma’, and buy." Towels, kerchiefs, bed sheets, pens, ink bottles, ink fillers... love wants to give, give, give. How much money have they given to the ashram? How much they are spending on tickets to come and go! None of this matters to them. This is all love is God. This love always want to give, it is never selfish. They only think to give to God. It is not based on any worldly matters, it is spiritual. By giving these small things to God, they derive bliss; the permanence of the relationship is established. However, in worldly life, when something is given to another, there is expectation to receive something in return. This is reveals the impermanence of the relationship. This is the difference between God and the world.