Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Thought for the day

A mind fixed on God will be always at peace

From the book 'Bliss "Bliss "Bliss 
Part 2 


Mukthi Nilayam's role is to give liberation to one and all. Swami instructed me to write my experiences in books; all these show the path of Prema only. When I wrote on the Gita, I explained the simple way to follow its teachings in our daily lives and to attain 
salvation. I explained that we can reach the state of liberation here itself right now without undertaking severe penance. Swami said that Liberation Here Itself Right Now Pt. 3 contains the essence of the Vedas presented in a way easily grasped by all. In it I wrote about my life and experiences in a simple way so that all could understand and gain benefit. The path of Prema that I show leads one to the path of wisdom and devotion. Swami then asked me to write on the Upanishads. As I had never read or studied them, I knew nothing about them. So once again, by using my life and experiences as an 
example, I gave new meaning to the teachings. I wrote that God could not be fully known through them and can only be tied or bound by pure love, Prema. Again, Swami asked me to write on another well-known scripture, the Brahma Sutra. What do I know of this? 
I am the one who has tied the Lord with my Prema Sutra (one of the meanings in Tamil for Sutra is thread; the other meaning is principle or formula); what do I know about His Brahma Sutra? I am sure that you must be surprised to read this. 

Though I had never studied the Vedas, Swami gave me the name, Nava Vedamaarga Sthaapanayai, meaning the one who established the path of the new Veda. It is because I have redefined the Vedas, Upanishads and Brahma Sutra that I now face so 
many problems and obstacles. The karmas of all the people of the world are being removed and their fates changed. They do not have to bear the fruits of their karmas and so the gods are deprived of the former rituals and respect, Pariharams, previously performed by those people. These minor gods are now showing their displeasure by not allowing the work to proceed. Sri Krishna said, "Worship the mountain that is in front of your eyes and not the 
god that you cannot see." In the same way, I have said, "Why read and study the Vedas, Shastras and Upanishads that explain in depth about an unseen God? The rules and regulations laid down by them are very difficult to adhere to and can only be followed by a few people. The Lord is right here right now before your eyes.