Sunday, July 20, 2014



Karmic Law – An introduction

What is Karmic law? How does Karmic law function and what is the cause of Karma?
Separation is the cause of Karma. Wherever we look, we see divisions and differences.
An example. In a family, there is enmity and hatred between two brothers. Why? It is due to the feelings of ‘I and mine’. This creates Karma. For instance, a man invites a friend to his house. He tells him, “This is my house, this is my wife, these are my children. This is my car.”
The friend points to the neighbor’s house and asks, “Who lives in that house?” The man replies, “My brother.”
One says, ‘I, my house, my wife, my children and my brother’. Of these, ‘my brother’, is not part of the immediate circle! He separates his brother.
A man has two sons. After his death, they inherit his wealth, dividing it vigilantly. They divide the house, land, money, the vessels, wardrobes, sofas; everything is divided into two. One brother then sees a pencil on his father’s desk and takes it for himself. The other brother immediately says, ‘Give me my share!’ They break the pencil in two and each takes half.
In another family, two sons divide the parents who have accumulated all this wealth. One brother says, ‘I will take care of mother, you take care of father’. The parents, who should be together supporting each other in old age, are separated. In the future, the brothers own sons will treat them in the same way! The lack of love is the reason for all sorrows. Love is the essence of all life. If brothers are like this, then what of society? How will the nation and the world be?
At the time of India’s independence, many wanted to divide the nation. Though Gandhiji tried and made every effort, he could not make them change their mind. They would not accept a united nation. In the end, the country was divided: India for Hindus and Pakistan for Muslims. Before partition, Hindus and Muslims called each other, ‘Brother, brother’. Then there was separation based on religion. If there is no love, then there is separation. All were sons of Mother India, yet they separated.
There has also been separation of people based on color. Separation based on the color of skin! Oh God! Is there no end to these differences? Whites in one country and blacks in another.

continued ...