Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Thought for the day

Our efforts to search for Truth are penance. It is through this penance that we acquire wisdom and it is through this wisdom that we experience bliss


From the book Shiva Sutra

AGNI VISHWAGARBHA
Nobody can understand the secret, the sacredness of Vishwagarbha. When it is connected to the physical body, confusion arises. I told Swami in the Prema Sai book, “Nobody should see my body after the age of five.” Why did I ask such a thing? It is because I do not want any body consciousness. Swami said that as I have no ‘i’, I was not able to express in words properly what I wanted.

Atma is beyond the body. Some who do not understand this criticize telling, “Radha Krishna, Cosmic womb.” The love between Krishna and Radha is beyond all bodily connection. Can the human body bear the Cosmic womb? A few days ago, a man visited the ashram and asked, “My friends came from Madras and told about your Cosmic womb, so I came to see.” This is ignorance. How can I show the Cosmic womb? Age after age, man collects more and more impurities in the mind. He cannot go beyond the physical connection of, ‘Husband, wife and womb’. Can this be compared to the Cosmic womb? Can an ordinary man know the purity of the Cosmic womb? It is Divine. It is only connected with the Atma. There is no body connection. One performs sadhana and attains higher states. The bindu opens and drops of amrith fall into the mouth bestowing immortality. Inside the bindu is the power to create the entire cosmos. Through this power, the ‘i’ creates and gives him name, fame and followers. As I have no ‘i’, these amrith drops emerge out and become the New Creation. This is the Principle of Vishwagarbha. 

The husband and wife relationship is connected with the body; their child grows in the womb in the abdomen. God and the devotee are connected through the Atma; it is a bond of pure divinity. The power of this bond emerges from the top of the head, through the sahasrara. This is the power that can create the cosmos, this world and the worlds beyond. Vishwagarbha means Prakrithi. In the Bhagavad Gita, chapter 14 verse 3, Sri Krishna says, … ‘My Primordial matter, Prakrithi known as the great Brahma is the womb of all creatures; in that womb I place the seed of all life’. This creation is the seed of God. It has no connection with the human womb. Swami explained that confusion arises because people think from a body level. In the human body, Deva Loka is the region above the stomach and lower regions are Patala Loka.