Sunday, March 17, 2013

Thought for the day 
Sacrifice and compassion are the two eyes of Prema


After completing the book, ‘Prema Sutra’, I could not do anything. I had no 
interest to read or write. It had been a great strain for me. In the end, Swami could not 
bear the outpouring of my Prema feelings and told me to stop writing. That evening, we 
watched a video of Swami, but I had no interest in seeing this either. 


11 July 2008 Evening meditation

Vasantha : Swami, I have no interest in anything, nothing is touching my mind. All 
are telling me to write about ananda. How to write about bliss, when I do 
not have any? 

Swami : All in the world experience bliss, but it is not real. Real bliss comes only 
from within. Without God, there is no ananda in anything. You desire 
bliss directly from My physical form. This is for New creation. As you desire this ananda from My physical form, the New Creation will take 
form physically. 


End of meditation
We think that ananda comes from outside: from husband, wife, children, family, 
money, house, car, status, etc. We run after them. However, this bliss only lasts for a few 
days. It is not permanent. 

Though God is unseen, we can see Creation. Therefore, we think that bliss comes 
from what is seen outside. This is not so. Bliss can only be obtained inside oneself. God is 
inside; this bliss is reflected outside. Thinking external objects give bliss, we suffer in the 
cycle of birth and death. Truly, bliss is within. It is Atma ananda, the bliss of the Self. 
Atma is verily God, the Indweller. God is imperishable and immortal. Worldly objects are 
perishable. Therefore, you should search for God inside. Only then will you find the real 
ananda that is within. 

I want God’s physical nearness. I am not satisfied with any other bliss. I think that 
I will only get ananda in God’s physical presence.Why do I have these different feelings? 
It is because I want to create a new world. The desire for God’s nearness is giving New 
creation.