Wednesday, September 3, 2014

As the quality of our devotion becomes more refined, the distance between God and us reduces and things happen by themselves.




For example, when I see a door, I do not see it as a mere door, but a gateway to liberation. When I see a pillow, which in Tamil is referred to as ‘a dam for the head’, I say ‘This dam is not for the head, but for the thoughts that arise in the mind’. In this way, I connect everything I see with God. All my thoughts are turned towards God. I trained my senses and mind to connect like this from a young age. I see God in everything. My mind only connects with God, so all my thoughts are centered on Him. My ‘mine’ is God only.

Here is another example. In Mukthi Nilayam, many peacocks roam the grounds. My eyes see a peacock and I immediately remember the essay I wrote, ‘The peak of ‘I’ is peacocks eye’.

...This connects to the omnipresent God principle.

...This links to the sloka ‘Sarvatho Paani Paadam’.

...‘Sarvatho Paani Paadam’ brings the thought that Swami is all.

The next moment, if I see a peacock’s feather, I connect it to Krishna’s form. The chain of my thoughts begins with a peacock feather and ends with God. The peacock is the matter, the chain of thoughts, the mind. This is the way that I connect all I see with God.

continued...