Saturday, September 6, 2014

We have to adhere to our own dharma, our righteous duty, regardless of the innumerable hurdles on our path


Through this one word, ‘Dental’, thirty-two thoughts connected to make a long chain. How can one word produce so many thoughts! How many words are we speaking from morning till night? How many things do we see? How many words do we read? How many thoughts do we have? How many thoughts are connecting themselves everyday in this way?
If you spent time one day calculating how many different thoughts you have, it would total more than one lakh!
This bundle of thoughts is the mind. They are all rooted in body consciousness. One word collects one lakh of matter, in one day.
What did I do when I heard the word, ‘dental’?
First, I said, “The dentist’s father is a dentist as well.” This reveals that I always connect with the root of the matter.
This is ‘root feeling’. Whatever word I hear, it touches the root. I said the dentist’s father is also a dentist; he is the root of his son. This is the lineage.
The moment my mind hears a word, it finds out the root. God is the root of all, the source of all things. So when I heard the word ‘Transcendental’, I said, “Trans..., oh, as in transmigration. I will enter in all.” Next the thought ‘through transmigration I will enter all Creation. All will have only my feelings...only God everywhere’.

continued...