Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Thought for the day

If you want to speak with God and hear His voice, feelings alone are important.

From the book 10 Avatars in 1

Kurma Avatar

Today Swami asked me to write comparing Kurma avatar and forbearance. The Deva’s and Asura’s wanted to churn the milky ocean to get amrith. Then took mount manthara  and placed it in the middle of the ocean and used snake Vasuki as the rope. On the both sides they began to churn. When they put the mountain in the middle it sank. So they prayed to the Lord. Then the Lord, Narayana, descended as a tortoise. He went under the mountain and held it on His back. On one side was the Devas and on the other the Asuras. They began to churn. First came the Ahalaha poison. All ran to Lord Shiva seeking refuge. Lord Shiva then swallowed the poison. Immediately Parvathi caught hold of His neck and the poison remained. This is why He is called Nilakanta. They again began to churn the milky ocean. Everything began to come - a celestial horse, celestial elephant, wish-fulfilling tree, Kaamadhenu, like this many rare things came. Lastly, came Mahalakshmi and Dhanvanthi with the amrith pot. The Asuras snatched the amrithpot and ran away. The Devas began to chase them. Lastly Lord Vishnu came in the form of Mohini. She took the amrith pot and said that she would share the amrith with everyone. However, she trickily gave it to only the devas. However, the asuras, rahu and kethu came in the disguise of two devas and drank the amrith. Mohini saw this and cursed that one would have no head and the other would have no body. Mahalakshmi garlanded Lord Vishnu and performed pada seva.


Now let us see about the Kurma avatar. Kurma means tortoise. When danger approaches it withdraws its four legs and keeps its head inside. Its back is a strong shell so nothing can affect its body. In the Gita Krishna explained the Stithapragna formula using the example of a tortoise. Whatever happens, the one with Stithapragna is always steady. His senses are never outside, but under control. Not only senses but the mind, intellect, ego, all he has controlled. Now Swami asked me to compare forbearance to the tortoise. My life is full of forbearance.  Whatever happens, dishonesty, sorrows, pain, victory all. Only forbearance can make one Stithapragna. I want only God. I want to attain God. I only want this Avataric God. I want to attain Him. I am only living for Him. For the last 70 years how much I am suffering, facing dishonesty and insults. However, whatever comes it does not shake me from my state. Swami is the avataric God of Kali Yuga. The entire world worships Him as God. Everywhere is His glory. His organization is spread throughout the world. Till now I have written 30 books explaining the relationship between Swami and i. Swami has taken my every book.  Even though He has taken them, they do not allow me to see Him. I am like the tortoise. On my back is Swami’s organization, the manvanthra mountain. They are the ones pushing me down. On one side is the asura of world karma. On the other side are the Devas. They are churning me. They churn me more and more and so my back has become very strong. From this pressure my kundalini rises and the sahasrara opens. Then the alahala poison of world karma emerges, this is one side. On the other is the amritham from my sahasrara. There is a big clash. Lastly all the karmas will be destroyed. Then the amrith will be equally shared throughout the world. For my forbearance, I can bear this manvathra mountain.  The one who has this much forbearance can only come as the Kurma avatar. If we churn our mind then the mind can be controlled like the tortoise and become stithaprajana. When we churn the mind the bad qualities come out. We must try to remove them.  We should train our good qualities and then our mind will become calm. The Kurma avatar is the reason for the appearance of amrith. He is also the reason for the appearance of the poison. Swami and I are taking the alahala poison of worldly karmas on ourselves. There Shiva drank the potion, but Parvathi stopped it at His neck. Here Shiva and Parvathi together are drinking it and suffering. It is the alahala of world karma, so our bodies are suffering very much. Now the amritham is pouring and showering from my sahasrara. All will get this. Not only good, but also the bad.