Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Thought for the day


The mind follows where the eyes go giving rise to desire



From the book How the Sathya Yuga is coming



The Wisdom

Swami has said that it is not possible for a frog to swallow a snake. He has said that I am eating the ‘Principle of God’. When Swami told this, I said that it is He who has condensed the principle and is entering me. It is He who is making all this possible. I illustrated this point using the example of the story of Hanuman.

In turn, Swami is saying that I always refuse to acknowledge that I have done anything. He says that it is because I do not have the individual ‘i’. There is no ‘i’, only ‘my Swami’. I wrote ‘I without i’ – this is ‘my without i’. I can only tell what I have. There is only ‘my Swami’.

For example, there is a house with a beautiful garden. In the garden, there are many varieties of roses, creepers, jasmine and other colorful flowers. All flowers attract the eyes. A gardener tends and waters the plants. We appreciate him, “Oh, how beautiful the garden and flowers are! How beautifully you have made this garden!” The gardener replies, “Sir, this is not my garden. It belongs to the owner of the house. I only work according to his instructions. He tells me which flower should be planted where. He shows how to care for each shrub and plant. All is his plan, what have I done? I am a paid servant. I only carry out his instructions for which I am paid a salary.”

I am in a same state as the gardener. Swami guides me saying, “Write in this way, this is your state. This is an explanation of higher wisdom.” It is Swami who gives me various definitions and principles to write on. He tells me what to write. I am only a servant who works according to His instructions. However, unlike the gardener, I do not accept wages for the work.

I ask myself, “What shall I ask as wages? I have not asked for anything from my master. Yet, now I want Him as my wages.”

As this thought comes, the tears are streaming from my eyes… “I want You as my wages…only You…” I hear them call me for meditation. I get up, wash my face and go and sit in the prayer room.