Sunday, June 2, 2013

Thought for the day

The goal of all yogas is to take you back from where you came, to God. 

From the book How the Sathya Yuga is coming. 

CALL OF THE SOUL



24 February 2006  Evening darshan

We got token one and sit in the front row. Fred, Eddy, Amar, Rishi also got the first token and sit in front. Swami comes at 3 pm. As the car comes towards Fred, he hears Swami call, ‘Madhu’. Amar and Rishi also hear. As Swami goes past He rolls down the window and takes my letter from Eddy, all have a wonderful darshan.
As Swami returns to the Poornachandra Hall, we also have a wonderful darshan.
 In meditation I asked Swami. “Did You call Madhu?” and He said, “Yes.”
All of us were very happy. They said that when Swami called Madhu, sweetness was dripping in His voice. If God calls us, the nectar of His divine call floods our entire body and fills us with divine bliss.
When we call God, it is one thing, but when God calls us, how sweet will it be? They told me that listening to the call ‘Madhu’ from Swami, Fred was moved to tears. While we were talking about this, I asked them, “Which chapter in the Prema Sai book do you like most and why?” Eddy replied, “One line touched me more than anything else. At the time of pilgrimage to Badri, Swami tells, ‘This Kanha wanted to go to Badrinath in his previous birth; he wanted to play with Me in the snow. Kanha! We shall play snowball there okay?’ God remembers my desire and is going to fulfill it. I cannot forget Him calling me and telling this!”
God calls him Kanha and tells that He will fulfill Eddy’s desire. In darshan line, Swami looked at Fred and called him ‘Madhu’. Hearing this, Fred was moved to tears.
Swami asked Yamini’s mother “Is your daughter doing well?” This made Yamini melt like butter. When one hears God enquiring about us, it gives great bliss. Yamini’s mother also told, “When Swami called me and asked, ‘Are daughter and Paapa doing well,’ the moment I heard these words, tears started streaming from my eyes. My legs began to shake. The Lord is talking with me! Let this earth open up now and take me. There is nothing left in this world to experience.”
Why did she say this? Hearing the words of the Lord, she felt, ‘why should I continue to live in this world’? Why this life? It is enough. There is no point living a worldly life. Attainment of God is the only thing necessary. My life should leave this body immediately after hearing the voice of God. This is her state of mind.
From this we should understand one thing. Swami calls Kanha. Immediately a thought arises that Kanha is my name. The body that belongs to this name is mine. This name was called by God. Kanha implies this form ‘I’. This feeling will give happiness. This happiness touches the soul that lives in the form and name called Eddy. The call of the Universal soul touches the individual soul.
When the word ‘Madhu’ comes from Swami’s mouth, it calls the ‘I’ that belongs to Fred. The ‘I’ living in this name and form called Fred, rather the body, experiences the joy. In Prema Sai Avatar Fred’s name will be Madhu. The ‘I’ in Madhu is now Fred. In the next birth, the ‘I’ will be Madhu. I understand the relationship that I am Swami’s relative. The call of the Universal Soul touches the soul that is living in the cover of ‘I and mine’. This is the state of bliss.
Yamini is the name of the soul, which is dwelling in a body. The moment Paramatma, the Universal soul enquires about the jeeva, the individual soul, it experiences a great bliss. The ‘I’ Yamini and Atma, resides in the house called a body, so when Swami calls Yamini, bliss is experienced.
Dr. Savithri is the mother of Yamini. Swami called her and spoke to her. Swami asks about her daughter Yamini. Hearing the call at that moment, the Atma dwelling in the name and form of Dr. Savithri, wants to leave the ‘I and mine’ and merge with the Paramatma. When Swami calls us with His own voice, the ‘I’, Dr. Savithri and ‘my’, daughter Yamini, connects with the Paramatma, thus her life attains fulfillment. The call of the Paramatma is only recognized by the Atma.
We see here how all have connected their ‘I and mine’ only with God. It is the jeevanatma alone who recognizes the call of Paramatma. Knowing this we will understand that the Atma’s true nature is only bliss.
You however, connect this ‘I and mine’ with worldly relationships and things. You are born again and again, undergoing much suffering. How then to hear the call of Paramatma? It is the call heard only by the soul.
Eddy told one more thing, “Swami is my friend, so I see the whole world as my friends. Men, women - all are friends. This is why I have remained alone and will never marry. I couldn’t even think of marriage, this feeling does not allow me. There is only one key to open the door of my heart; it is the key of friendship. This is my nature.”
This is truth. There are nine keys to the palace of God. They are the nine paths of devotion. The door will open with whatever key you use, yet it should be your true natural bhava. Each and everyone should try to understand their true bhava towards God and should act accordingly. If you think of God as your friend, then the whole world should become your friend.
First, I wanted to marry Krishna. I then came to know that Swami is my Krishna. I thought I cannot marry Him and so showered my devotion calling Him ‘Amma’. Later, Swami told me that the path of Madhura bhava bhakthi most suited my nature. Hence, He changed my mind and showed me the path. He removed my fear and told me that He alone is Krishna and I Radha. He changed my bhava, because Madhura bhava is my true nature.
Yamini relates to all as brothers. She calls everyone ‘Anna’. So, she is going to be born as God’s younger sister. God is ‘brother’ for her, so all in the world become her brother. That is why she will not marry when she comes next. Whom to marry when all are brothers?
All are ‘Amma’, mother for SV. He calls everyone as Amma. He also will not marry when he comes next, because he calls all as Amma. In Prema Sai Avatar, they won’t marry. Whatever bhava we have for God, we should have for the world also. We should attain God by performing sadhana. Then we will experience God, in the same way we feel about Him.
Now we should see whom the seer is. Eddy says that he sees God as friend. He is able to see everyone as his friend because God is the indweller of all. The seer Eddy looks at the entire world as his friend, so his key opens the palace of God. That is why when he comes next, God Himself will be his friend and relative.
SV sees God as mother and the world also as mother. Here the seer has not only seen God as the mother but the whole universe as mother. God and the Universe are One. The Creator and the Creation are One. Due to this bhava, his key opens the palace of God.
Now let us see the example of Yamini. She sees God as brother. All in the world are brothers for her. For the eyes of seer Yamini, all those seen are brothers. There is no difference.
Their keys to God have opened because they have seen the Creator and Creation as One. In the next Avatar God comes as her brother. It is one thing to become a jeevan muktha and merge in God following any of the nine paths of devotion. If one showers devotion via any of these paths on God and His Creation equally, then one will have the good fortune of being close to the Lord and live with Him when He descends as Avatar.
I have followed the path of Madhura bhava bhakthi. I wanted to attain God as my husband. It is very difficult to consider the Lord as husband and beloved and attain Him. This can be attained only by doing individual sadhana. One should not be satisfied with this! Devotion should expand. As I aspired to marry God who is the Creator, the feeling then arose in me that all are my children. Now I have the feeling that I am Mother of the whole Universe. Each and everyone in this Creation are my children.
Anyone can follow the nine paths of devotion, do penance and become a jeevan muktha. One can have a vision of God; this is easy. Our spiritual journey does not stop here. One should go higher and ask, “Who is the seer? We should search for the answers to the questions:

    Ø         Who am I?
    Ø         What is the connection    
                            between this body and              
                            I?
    Ø         Who is connected with 
                             this body?
    Ø         After this body dies, 
                            where do I go?
    Ø         Do I die also?

One should realize that the Atma and the Paramatma are not different, they are One. Then the wisdom will dawn that only the One Atma has pervaded everywhere, as the many. This wisdom is the peak of sadhana.
I am the Paramatma, I am Poornam. I am Poornam that has separated from Poornam. When one realizes this, we become one with Poornam. Though one may get the vision of God, realizing that you and God are not separate is the ultimate state, that of Poornam.

When we have relatives love increases. Friendship with God multiplies love even more. When we shower our love on God, He will reciprocate our love. In Prema Sai Avatar, imagine how much love all will enjoy being the relatives of God! When we experience that love personally, what great bliss it will give. At that time those who live with the Lord, close relatives and those near and dear will attain the state of Poornam.