Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Thought for the day


Just as the earth bears the man who plunders her, it is good to bear those who wrong us. 


From the book "How the Sathya Yuga is coming"


Just as some are fearful of lions and tigers, I fear this ‘i’. I need only My Swami. I fear that this ‘i’ may separate Swami from me. If anyone abuses or ignores me, is jealous of me, or gets angry with me, I bear it. Why should it be any of my concern? If I think too much about these things then the ‘i’ will creep in. I am afraid, that Swami will leave me. I need Swami only, let this ‘i’ be annihilated. I want Swami and only Swami.

This is why when Swami said I was Radha, Durga, Lakshmi, I refused, dismissing them as mere posts. I pleaded with Him to remove all these and make me empty. This name and form, Vasantha, is only an empty vessel. It will not react to whatever is done to it.

Swami has referred to this as the strong denial… ‘I am not’!  He says that it is shaking the five elements, entering every creation. It is like hammering the words ‘I am not’ into the world, this is the state of ‘I without i’. This is the fragrance and aroma of camphor. This fragrance permeates and fills everything. It fills everywhere the Indweller resides. The fragrance of camphor goes to the vibuthi.

I love only my Swami. I delight in seeing Him everywhere, in everything. This feeling to love God enters all. It makes all God. To explain this Swami gave the example of the blossoming flower. Let us see another example.

We buy a jackfruit and keep it in the house. After the fruit has ripened, even if it is locked away in a safe, its fragrance would still permeate the area. In the same way, even when my feelings are locked behind seven doors or seven centers of Kundalini, they will spread throughout the world.

What constitutes fragrance? They are the past impressions accumulated birth after birth, the samskara vasana. Each one takes birth and dies according to the samskaras. The ‘fragrance’ of my samskara is ‘I without i’. It is the state of living for God alone right from birth. It is this fragrance that awakens all telling, ‘I am not’. It eradicates the ‘i’ from the Universe. The ‘I without i’ fills everything. This is New Creation.

In his commentary on the Gita, Vinobhaji mentions, “The goat spends its whole life calling, ‘Mey! Mey!’ (meaning ‘I’ in Hindi). When it is dead, its intestines are used for stringing musical instruments, which when played make the sound, ‘Tu hi, Tu hi’, meaning ‘You are, You are’.

This implies that when the ‘i’ dies, the only sound is, ‘It is You’. “