Monday, June 3, 2013

Thought for the day

We are born in this world only to learn lessons.


From the book Prema Sai Part II - Beyond the Vedas

Beauty Worship

14 December 2005  Evening meditation
Vasantha    :   Swami! Please tell something about beauty.
Swami         :   You beheld the beauty of God everywhere and worshipped it. It is for this reason that all beauty has come to you. You wanted God to experience you and so I now yearn to experience you. God likes you. If God is yearning for you then you ought to possess the beauty that God seeks in you. You are an example for the world. How you are now and how you will be when you come again is a beauty that has come through your own effort, a beauty of your own making. You are proving that our future life is in our own hands.
Vasantha    :    Now I understand Swami. I shall now write.
In ‘Gita Govindam Pt. 3’, I have written a vidya called ‘Beauty Worship’. At first, I beheld the beauty of God and loved Him. I showered my love on Sri Krishna. After Krishna revealed to me that He had come again in the form of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, I showered my love on Sai Krishna. Through one-pointed sadhana, I attained Him. As I was unable to bear the force of Prema that surged from me, Swami directed me send it to the people of the world. Feeling their agony and pain, I wanted that my Prema enter them. This became Vasanthamayam.
Throughout my life, I have learned lessons from the tiny worm to lord Brahma Himself. When Swami asked me to write on Yoga Sutra, I did not know what to write. Contemplating on my life, I realized that I had connected all that I saw with the Lord. I wrote this sutra as, ‘Cutting and Connecting’. First, I linked everything with God, and then I beheld the beauty of God in every part of His Creation. Instead of experiencing the beauty, I told that it must be worshipped instead. This I wrote as, ‘Beauty Worship Vidya’.
I had said that God’s beauty should be seen in every aspect of Creation and worshipped. Every thing is suffused with the beauty of God. If we try and experience these, it leads to sorrow. Instead, we should offer worship and attain bliss and happiness.
All want to experience this world: husband, wife, children, parents, friends, relatives, wealth, position and so on. As a result, you are repeatedly caught in the cycle of birth and death. I worshipped the beauty of the Lord in His Creation and made it as an offering to Him. As a result, I am taking birth again and will live with my Lord.
Through the many bonds that we create with husband, wife, children, parents, relatives, we are born again and again in this world and suffer. We experience a world of duality; pleasure and pain, happiness and sorrow, honor and dishonor. Living in this world of opposites, our nature and actions are ever changing, impressions form and this pushes us into the whirlpool rebirth. We become attracted by the beauty of money, position, praise, popularity and in the process of experiencing them we lose peace of mind. Instead of experiencing them, they should be worshipped. How to worship?
We should act as trustees; we are the caretakers of the Lord’s Creation. We do not own anything. We should perform all duties as acts of worship and not seek the fruits of action. Action becomes a form of worship when it is done perfectly and efficiently, seeking no reward. If one does action without expectation of result, then peace and happiness will ensue.
Swami said, “If one desires to experience beauty and becomes deluded by it, then this power of delusion will push him into an abyss. However if one worships beauty, maya takes the form of Mahamaya and raises him to spiritual heights.”
My whole life has been one of surrender. I surrendered everything to God. Swami told that my whole body is that of total surrender, I did fierce penance for Sharira Nivedhan. I performed penance so that I would become the whole universe. I said that every aspect of this Creation should become Vasantha and worship Him. I saw the Omnipresence of the Lord throughout His Creation, worshipped it and offered all to God. This has been my life.
I delighted in the beauty of Creation and offered worship. I did not experience. This is why Swami said the beauty of Creation has come to me.
Now, I want that God should experience me. A Bhaktha can experience God through the nine paths of devotion; so far, no one has asked the Lord to experience them. A jeeva attains the state of jeevan muktha, finally merges into God, giving up the physical body. I on the other hand, asked Swami to experience me. For God to experience me, to yearn for me, make Him mad for me, I must possess the beauty that God desires in me. That is why the photograph of Prema is enchanting to all. In order to experience me in His next incarnation, I have purified, sanctified, made myself complete, youthful, empty and surrendered all to Him. This is the second reason added by Swami.
The third reason given by Swami is that I alone have revealed this beauty,
 “Through sadhana you have created your own form.”
In the same way, we see how our next birth is in our own hands. Each feeling becomes the chisel that carves our form. It is we who create our own form. Every thought and feeling we have becomes the form in our next life.
Swami asks how I acquired this beauty. It is because I wanted to become an offering to the Lord. I was cautious, watching every moment the feelings that arose in me. I made every part of mine sacred, a worthy offering for Swami. I performed penance to remove all blemishes and become complete. I did sadhana so that I would become a youthful and beautiful offering to the Lord. I have done sadhana to give me beauty in my next life, beauty that is worthy to be offered to the Lord.
This body is to be offered to the Lord so I am cautious every moment. Just as the sculptor carefully chisels an idol of God, every feeling is carving out my future form. This body belongs to God; it has to be offered to Him. It should be free from blemish. When you prepare prasad, how much care you take to make sure that all is perfectly proportioned. I am going to offer this body to God as prasad. He is going to eat me as prasad. How careful I should be to make myself perfect?
I should become an offering for my dear Lord. My whole life, body, feelings, mind, intellect, consciousness, senses, ego, all should become offerings to Him. This thought has occupied my mind the whole of my life. It became an all-consuming penance for me. This is the reason why I am able to come as Prema, the wife of the Avatar.