Sunday, May 19, 2013

Thought for the day

We should only speak about those things that we, ourselves, have put into practice.


From the book Liberation Here Itself Right Now Part II




PREMA TO RIVERS

7-10-98.

 I meditated at Puttaparthi. Swami appeared in meditation and told me, “Your Prema is My Shakthi, My support. Go to the river Chitravathi; offer floral tributes and make a sacrificial offering of your Prema Shakthi to that river. Your Prema Shakthi will reach all those who bathe there and drink the water.”

Swami had told me this when I had been to Pannaipuram. I said, “There won’t be any water in the river now.” But Swami asserted,  “Go and see, there is plenty of water flowing in the river.”

Accordingly, while chanting the Gayathri Mantra I offered flowers and Prema Shakthi to the Chitravathi River. This was a new experience. Swami wanted me to go to Sri Rangam on Thursday, 29-10-99, and give Prema Shakthi to the Cauvery River from Amma Mandapam. That morning we four, that is, I along with my husband, S.V. from Madurai and Mr. Muthuramalingam went to Sri Rangam. After offering floral tributes and arathi to the river, and chanting the Gayatri Mantra, I offered one thousandth of my Prema Shakthi to the Cauvery River. We bathed in the river, went to the temple, and prayed to Lord Ranganatha, the temple deity. We then meditated sitting there. Swami was very happy that day. He was joyfully running here and there and around the temple. In this meditation, Swami told me to write the second volume of the book ‘Liberation Here Itself Right Now.’ Everyone got wonderful visions in their meditation. I asked Swami, “Why did You tell me to give Prema Shakthi to the Cauvery River?” Swami replied promptly, “Your Prema Shakthi will reach to those who bathe in and drink this water, those who eat the food cultivated from this river water will also receive it and they all will develop devotion.”

To light the fire of devotion in the hearts of people by one means or another is Swami’s Sankalpa (Divine will). As directed by Swami, my husband, Mr. Venkatraman, his wife Jyothi, Nandalal, and myself went to Papanasam on 30-11-98. There we worshipped the God ‘Papa Vinasakar’ (remover of sin). Then we showed arathi to the Tamraparni River and I gave Prema Shakthi to it while chanting the Gayatri Mantra.

On 31-1-99 ‘Thai Poosam’ a sacred day, we went to Kanyakumari. Praying to Bhagavan I offered Prema Shakthi at the confluence of three seas. It was a full moon day. We went to Vivekananda Prayer Hall and meditated. That day we conducted Sathyanarayana pooja at the School for the Handicapped, run by the couple Dr. Geetha and Mr. Balasubramaniam.

Geetha and Balasubramaniam have served in Vivekananda Kendra, Kanyakumari earlier. After serving there for some years, they got married and formed the Anugraha Trust in Nagercoil. Through this they are running a special school for the physically disabled and mentally retarded. Wonderful service! They are training the children with different techniques. Often in our homes, we may not have the time and patience required even for our own children. With a smiling face and patience, they train them to become self-confident and teach them in a loving and caring manner how to come to grips with life. We were surprised to watch their activities. They did not know about Bhagavan in the least when they first met me at Kodaikanal. They read the book ‘Liberation Here Itself Right Now’, and had the darshan of Swami. Swami asked me to give Prema Shakthi to this couple. Swami told me that Geetha is our beloved daughter.

Dr. Geetha is from Maharashtra, her husband from Malaysia. Swami bound together these two service -minded people and then brought them to me. They have come many times to Vadakkampatti and have had darshan of Swami. This is due to Bhagavan’s grace.
First Bhagavan took me to the Yamuna and asked me to give Prema Shakthi to the river. He took the river water in his palms and poured it through my hands for the formal offering. Later it was given to the Chitravathi and the Cauvery Rivers. We gave Prema Shakthi to the Godavari River in Shirdi, to the Tungabhadra River in Mantralaya and to the Ganges at Brahma Kund in Haridwar. I gave Prema Shakthi to the Parramatta River when I had been to Australia.

After giving Prema Shakthi to fellow human beings, Swami wanted me to give the same to rivers. Then most strikingly, He asked me to give Prema Shakthi to a Shivalinga materialized by Him! Swami had materialized a big Shivalinga in the home of a Madurai devotee. This lingam was made of stone. Before this lingam came, Swami had told me to give Prema Shakthi to his son Vishnu. I had been to his house to give Prema Shakthi to Vishnu.

The day after materializing the lingam, Swami told me to feed Shakthi to it: “ Before in Paramakudi you gave Shakthi to the lingam that was created by Me. Repeat the same,” He said. I did precisely what Swami told me to do. I was surprised at this. Who can understand the play of this great Avatar? He who is worshipped by all the gods has come in ordinary human form. Don’t get deceived and think of Him as an ordinary human being.

Approach Him by making yourself free from Maya (illusion). You can attain liberation here and now. Believe it! Enough of the miseries suffered through the cycles of births and deaths. How many problems, worries, and difficulties! When you read this, think for a while...then list the good and bad experiences of your life and study them.