Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Thought for the day

Wisdom is incomplete if it has not been put into practice


From the book Liberation Here Itself Right Now Part II



MOTHER’S COMPASSION

     Vasantha: I want my Swami! Will You come only if I first do formalities like offering flowers, lighting a lamp, and incense? Shouldn’t You be here the moment I think of You. I am unable to wait for You. I can’t bear it! I want You. I want You this moment!

     Swami:      Do not weep, who asked you to observe these formalities? I will come the moment you think of Me. You said, “When I think of You.” Does it mean there are moments when you don’t think of Me?

     Vasantha:  No, Swami. When is the time I didn’t think of You?

     Swami:    Then why do you say this? “Mamaivamso Jeevaloke Jeevabhootha Sanathana,” says the Bhagavad Gita. God is in everything. If the divine is a big flame, a fraction or spark of it is in every individual as the Atma. You are the very source of the flame, the sparks of which are in all other forms of life. You are Shakthi; you should not compare yourself with others. The One Universal Soul divides itself into two and manifests as Shiva and Shakthi; as Radha and Krishna. Shiva and Shakthi are ONE. Every soul experiences this inner divinity according to the level of spiritual evolution.

     Vasantha:   Swami! If I am Shakthi, I should love everyone the same way. Why do I love a few more than others?
     Swami:   Shakthi is the abode of compassion. She embodies the kindness of a mother. All are Shakthi’s children. Some children play and are absorbed in different activities. Some children want only mother; they are not interested in anything else; they go on crying looking for their mother. Then what does the mother do? She gives more attention to them; she takes them on her lap and makes them happy with additional care. These children get extra affection. This affection has its roots in mercy. It does not mean partiality or attachment; it is her compassionate nature that prompts her affection..
                         You separated from the ONE, so you long for the ONE entirely. It is your nature. There is nothing wrong about it. You are the ONE, the Absolute, not a fraction.

      (Strange feelings flooded my heart...)

       Vasantha:  Swami! I am unable to bear this feeling; all the people of the world are my children. I want to pour out my love on them and shower my affection on them. Swami, it is a very strange experience indeed!    

     Swami:      Do not weep; this is the right state. Shower abundantly on all the Prema that arises from your feelings of motherhood. You are Shakthi, the mother of the universe, realise it. Motherhood’s nature is unique. Divine Motherhood has no equal. My dear Vasantha, we are born only for this. Come on. Fill the entire world with your motherly love.

     Vasantha:  Swami, I am unable to bear it. Kindly provide me with an outlet for my Prema; kindly make all people come to me as soon as possible. I feel like soaking them in my Prema. All life forms in this world belong to me; I want to shower my Prema on them all.

     Swami:      Don’t cry. You are in the correct stage. Transform this world with your boundless love.

    Vasantha:       I experience overwhelming feelings. I am the mother of this universe. All are my children. I am yearning to pour my love and affection on them.

     Swami:      You are now immersed in the totality of motherhood; you should pray for those who come to you; plead for their cases; change them for good and counsel them on the divine path.

     Vasantha:  Swami, Paramahamsa could immediately identify the people as good or bad, but I can’t do that.

     Swami:      For you it is not needed. Such differentiation is not for you. If a child has an infectious disease, even the father would hesitate to go near it, but the mother would sit by its side and attend to all the child’s needs. Mother is the form of mercy. The Universal Mother, mercy incarnate Lakshmi, pleads the case of the transformed souls to Lord Vishnu. 

     Vasantha:  Swami, grant me more Shakthi (power). I should give it to all. I need more!

     Swami:         People conduct so many Homas and Yagnas. When they dedicate the fruits of those to Me you also get your share. I have told you before that you are a part of Me, so you receive the share of their dedication, isn’t it? That is why you received sacred ash from wherever Yagnas were performed for Me.        

Vasantha: Swami, Prabhu! Though You took several incarnations, You have never given such gifts to anyone, not even to Rukmani, Bhama, and Radha. You didn’t shower such a grace on anyone. How many wonderful visions, experiences, and sweet discussions!

What is this? Can it really happen? What can I say about the grace that is going to reveal all this! Oh! Lord! You are giving so many proofs for the abundant grace and Prema You are showering on me!

19-6-98  Afternoon 4  pm.

     Vasantha: Please, show me Your cosmic form. Of course I don’t deserve this favour.

Slowly step-by-step Swami grew taller, extending from the ground to the sky. In His very huge mouth all human beings were getting ground up. I saw Him without fear with folded hands.

     Swami: Look! My nerves are rivers, all the rivers in the world. The sky is My head. Behold the sages, angels, demons, human beings, animals, birds, insects, the eighty four lakh species. The sun and moon are my eyes and fire is my third eye. See the gods and sages singing my glory. As Time I destroy everything. Human beings think that they are doing everything, but I am the doer and I am the cause for their action; I am the Primordial Cause. I am the beginning, the end, and the eternal time.

When I saw the divine form I was overwhelmed with strange feelings. I was in tears.

     Swami: Why? Are you afraid? Why are you crying?     
     Vasantha:  Swami! Not knowing Your glory, I took too many liberties with You. Kindly forgive me.

     Swami: Don’t be afraid. I showed you My cosmic form to clear away your doubts. Even if one does penance for millions of years, they cannot have the good fortune of getting this vision that you are experiencing. In this incarnation you have come with Me as my Shakthi. You have come to help Me in My mission. But thinking low of yourself you are crying. How many people have benefited by receiving Prema from you? Still, many more people need to be benefited.

8-3-98.

     Vasantha: Swami, I suffered in yearning for the last 30 years. I did so much penance. I wept and I wailed. Yet, I didn’t receive a single consoling word from You. Now through me You are giving words of consolation to many people. I have been unable to talk to anyone about all this and I have cried endlessly within myself. You have not shown any kindness towards me.

     Swami: How much did Ramakrishna Paramahamsa suffer! Just like you, didn’t Sarada Devi do penance? You are also sailing in the same boat. You had to perform very hard penance and severe austerities. They worked hard to gain Shakthi. Later others got those easily from them.  Now your penance will help others to get Shakthi easily from you. Penance is performed for the welfare of the world. No one can attain your position. The power emanating from you turns into vibrations and attracts the whole world. That is why you are writing the book. There is happiness everywhere in the world. Every place and every thing is filled with happiness. Radha and Krishna are forms of happiness. This whole world is going to come to you searching for happiness. You are going to give away your Prema generously to all.

19-11-98  Morning.

     Vasantha: Swami, how many sacred deeds have I done?

     Swami: Sacred deeds? You didn’t do sacred deeds. This earth (world) has done sacred deeds, so you, my Shakthi are born here.

     Vasantha:  Shakthi means I should show the same love towards all. But I shower more love to some, why?

     Swami: Again this is mother’s compassion. This is not partiality; this difference comes out of mercy.

     Vasantha: Swami, allow this world to be filled with the Prema that is overflowing from me.

     Swami: This is your motherhood. The mother’s service is supreme and the divine mother’s service is unparalleled. We have come here solely to fill the world with your motherly love and compassion. Do not cry. This is the right status. Let your motherly love flow to everyone in abundance. You are Shakthi. You are the universal mother. Realize it!
           
The lord’s unfathomable ocean of mercy has come searching for this river (Vasantha), and made it merge in Him. Rivers go in search of the ocean. Here this Sai Ocean has come looking for rivers like us in order to absorb us in Him. Ants go in search of sweets but here, the mountain of sweetness, Swami is coming in search of the ants and feeding them spirituality.

Transforming the Stone Age universe
By His grace into the Golden Age,
Who can describe His glory adequately?
Is there such vocabulary?
Can mere words contain Him?
Our good fortune brings Saiyesha
Closest to us in this Avatara
As never before in previous Avatars.

This is a proof for one of the qualities, Soulabhyam (simplicity) of the Lord. Where can we read in scriptures about the compassion showered by this Form of Mercy, this Ocean of Mercy? The nature of this divine being is to fulfill every desire of His devotee; can we see such a being anywhere? For this ordinary devotee He has kept aside His glory, respect, and come down to this earth with form. Emperor of seven heavens, one who can at His will create or destroy this world in a fraction of a second that Lord has come to earth in such a simple form! Imagine. He who commands gods like Indra is serving His devotees! Look at the sacred feet that are served by Maha Lakshmi. He has been wandering in this human sea for the last 74 years without rest! Oh my... what mercy!

The Emperor of fourteen worlds, praised by Lakshmana, Hanuman and Maharishi Narada has descended on earth giving up His commanding position on the gem-studded throne. Without taking into account the insults heaped on Him, He is working for each one of us individually. He is showering His grace on the ones who don’t believe Him as well as on those who differ from Him. This is His mercy.

In all previous incarnations who did such things? Even by changing the sky to paper and the waters of the oceans to ink can we ever write His glory? Is a lifetime long enough to trace His splendor?