Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Thought for the day

You are creating your life over and over again. Your feelings keep you in the cycle of birth and death. 

From the book Beyond the Vedas



1
The Vedas

Veda is the treasure from which one retrieves the knowledge of the Brahman. There are four Vedas – Rig, Sama, Yajur and Atharvana Veda. These Vedas are the words of God. Through meditation, the sages attain the knowledge and inner meaning of the Vedas. The Lord removes their doubts to know Him as the Supreme wisdom in all. This is Vedanta contained in the texts called Upanishads.
The Lord says,
… ‘I am the Maker of the Vedanta. I am the One who gives peace to man by giving him the knowledge and deeper principles of the Vedas. I bestow the true meaning of the Vedas…’
From where you attain the wisdom of God, there is Veda. The Vedas have sections called Karma kaanda, Upasana kaanda and Jnana kaanda. Their goal is to awaken a dispassion for the mundane and to kindle wisdom in those who have the capacity for it. The one who attains the Absolute wisdom, is the one who has fully and correctly understood the inner meaning 0f the Vedas. Others remain ignorant, immersed in worldly pleasures.
In the 15th chapter of the Gita, Sri Krishna states,

… ‘I am seated in the hearts of all; I am the source of memory, knowledge and the reasoning faculty. It is verily ‘I’ who am to be known by all the Vedas; I am indeed the author of Vedanta and the knower of the Vedas too…’

The Vedas contained in scriptures light the lamp of wisdom, the wisdom of Brahman. My experience however, is different. For me everything in Creation is a living Veda. Each animal, worm, insect – all are Veda. I say this because I obtained the wisdom of the Brahman from each one of these. I have written about this wisdom and called them ‘Vidyas’. Since I see the wisdom of the Lord in every atom of His Creation, the entire Creation becomes my Veda.
I wrote ‘Gita Govindam Pt.3 ’ in three sections. The first section is Karma kaanda, the second, Bhakthi kaanda and the third, Jnana kaanda. I was able to write in this manner because I attained the wisdom of the Lord’s true form. I saw the entire universe as His form. Following this, Swami asked me to write, ‘Beyond the Vedas’. It is an explanation for jnana, wisdom. Are you wondering how there can be an explanation for jnana? The Gita says that jnana is the skill to know the Sathya, the truth of each and every object in Creation. What is Sathya? It is God! This knowledge is jnana.


The Garuda Purana gives the definition for Brahmacharya,
‘Brahmacharya is sacrificing the indulgence in pleasures through the instruments of mind, speech and action, at all times and in all places…’
Here is given the principle of Brahmacharya. This means that one should not seek pleasure, through thought, word or deeds, at all places, all times, in all states, one must sacrifice. This is the true meaning of Brahmacharya….
The thirteenth sloka of the 8th chapter of the Bhagavad Gita says,
… ‘ Having restrained all the media of perception, fixing the mind in the heart and the life breath in the head, remaining steadfast in yogic concentration, uttering the one syllabled ‘Om’, thinking of Me, he who departs leaving the body attains the Supreme state.’
Swami and I walked on the path of Brahmacharya as defined by the Garuda Purana. This complete Brahmacharya ripens into the highest chastity.
The power of this Supreme chastity makes Kaamadeva into Jnanadeva. Swami said that our child (in Prema Sai Avatar), an aspect of Kaamadeva, would be a Jnanadeva, a child of wisdom.
The Gita instructs us to contemplate on the Lord with one-pointedness. I followed this discipline of God consciousness from the time of birth. This is why in my next birth; I will again live with God from the time I am born. I will live every moment with Him, totally absorbed in Him. Swami said that because of such one-pointed purity, our child Kaamadeva would write, ‘Jnana Vashista’. It will show how each one of us should make efforts to attain Supreme wisdom.

5 May 2006  Meditation
Vasantha  :   Swami, give Yourself to me. I cannot bear the separation any longer.

Swami :   Be patient for some time. We are going to live together in the next Avatar. From the time we are born, we will live together. This becomes one-pointed Prema. No one has shown such one-pointed love. No Avatar has had this. Due to this one-pointed Prema and Brahmacharya, our child will be a great soul of wisdom. This is why he will write the Jnana Vashista. You are writing Yoga Vashista and he will write Jnana Vashista.

Vasantha :  Everything is correct Swami, but I am not able to bear the separation.

Swami:We are One, we are together. You are crying without enjoying the  bliss of union.

Vasantha: Swami, is not this desire for You, kaama?

Swami: No, these feelings become Kaamadahana, the burning of desire. We are burning the kaama of all.

Vasantha: How will I offer this body to You? It should not have any trace of impurity.

Swami:  Your body will have the fragrance of chandan. You are going to change                              and purify all. Due to this sadhana, in your next birth you will have a physical body but without any impurities. It will be a divine body.

Vasantha  :   Swami, Swami, I am not able to bear this revelation.

(I was coughing continuously and was unable to meditate further. )

In Prema Sai Avatar, the marriage between Swami and I will be fixed even before our birth. We will have deep love for one another from childhood. Our thoughts, words and deeds will be one. Since we will live purely one for the other, our five senses will not wander. Brahmacharya is a discipline followed by the senses. Since my five senses are absorbed in Swami, His senses will center on me. It is due to this pure one-pointed Brahmacharya that Swami is saying our son will be an enlightened one.
The Gurukula system of education of ancient times gave importance to sense control and one-pointedness. The students lived with the Guru and first trained the senses to focus fully on him. The Guru imparted Vedic wisdom to them. Such students stepped into the outside world, married and begot children. These children had an illumined intellect, great souls were born. This is the fruit of Gurukula education. How then would the fruit of Avatarhood, the Avatar’s child be?
The Prema Sai Avatar is unique; He will not descend in an ordinary way. Unlike the previous Avatars, He Himself is now planning His next Avatar. He is revealing how He will look, what His character will be like, how He will behave and many incidences from His life. Imagine then how His child will be? By performing Kaamadahana, the burning of lust, He has made Kaama His child. His child will be Jnana deva, a child of wisdom.
Kaama and Jnana cannot exist together, they are poles apart; one is South Pole, the other North. Converting kaama into Jnana is sadhana; this is transforming the Kali Yuga into Sathya Yuga; the peak of Kali to Sathya Yuga. This is verily turning the world upside down. The Kali Yuga is fourth in the cycle of ages, the Sathya Yuga first. Usually before the dawn of the new age, pralaya takes place. It is only after this dissolution that the new yuga dawns. Now the New age will be ushered in without pralaya. It is for this reason that intense sadhana is essential. The Sathya Yuga is coming now due to my intense one pointed thought that I wanted to marry God and that He should experience me. The sadhana I have done has made it possible to achieve these two goals.
 Swami Himself has planned that all these events are going to happen in the Prema Sai Avatar. According to His plan, a wisdom child will be born due to His Brahmacharya and pure celibacy. The child will write Jnana Vashishta.

3 December 2005  Meditation
Swami       :   None of the Avatars that have come so far have revealed themselves                                 totally. I alone am showing Myself in Total. You are the only jeeva who is able to absorb me fully and reveal My Truth. We have descended only to give this wisdom to man. Your books contain this wisdom. You absorb the truth and publish them as books. Each and every book is a different expression of this Truth. If one reads just one book with full concentration and one-pointedness,                                                     wisdom will be attained.

Vasantha  :   I understand Swami, now I will write.

As I have written before it is only this Avatar, Sri Sathya Sai Baba that is revealing Himself in Total. He is showing an easy path to God. He clearly shows us what maya and truth are. Wisdom is pouring from Him in showers. Up till now, no one has done so much for mankind.
I performed penance to attain Him and as a result, I had many experiences. These experiences form the books that I write. This wisdom is imparted through the dialogues that I have with Swami in meditation. Each and every book is only the wisdom revealed by Swami. In fact, everything is contained in the first book, ‘Liberation Here itself Right Now’. The other books are merely an expansion of what has been said there. The Sathya Sai Avatar is showing His Truth and expanding it like an ocean. How can I absorb it totally? So far, I have absorbed seventeen drops from the ocean and published them as books. There are still seventeen more drops to publish!
How to absorb the ever-expanding ocean?