Saturday, August 3, 2013

Thought for the Day

If someone troubles you, enjoy that person’s angry mood as if it were the Lord’s.

From the book, “The Autobiography of ‘I without i’”




     Many years ago at a pooja, I went into samadhi. It was after a long time that I came back to normal consciousness. I cried to Swami, “I do not want samadhi. If I am in samadhi, I cannot be in thoughts of You.” Swami consoled me and said, “Don’t be afraid, you will never forget Me.” All wonder, “Why do you not want the samadhi state? Why do you not want Oneness?” I am afraid of sleep and samadhi. Why? In deep sleep and the samadhi state, the jeeva merges with God. He is in the state of Oneness. I do not want this. I want to be apart from God. I want God to be separate from me. Why? Because I want to experience Him in meditation. I want to talk to Him and enjoy the bliss which comes in His nearness. All that I write is only what I have experienced in meditation.