Friday, August 23, 2013

Thought for the day


The omniscient power of God pervades the whole Universe.


From the book Bliss, Bliss, Bliss


 

I have always had the thought that the body is unclean. Even though I had a terrible madness of devotion for Krishna from a young age, wanting to marry Him, I often thought how can I dedicate a body that is impure? I have cried to Bhagavan many times about it and asked Him repeatedly to make it pure. The spiritual marriage with Swami has taken place without going near Him, without touching Him and without talking to Him, and I had a very strong feeling that the body also should be dedicated to Him.

When the soul departs from the body, the body falls on earth. It, being a combination of the five elements: ether, earth, fire, water, and air, will therefore disintegrate into its individual components. I don’t want this to happen to this body.

In my case, as Swami said, if I do not have hunger or thirst; I will not need food and water. So there will not be any metabolic wastes. Thereafter, the body will become a form of Pure Consciousness. It will be a body made only of Prema and not of the five elements.