Saturday, August 10, 2013

Thought for the day

When Goddess Parvathi comes to your rescue, Lord Shiva will follow...


From the book Liberation Here Itself Right Now Part III

 
SWAMI AND I WENT TO A PLACE. I went inside. There I saw Sage Suka. The sage was greatly overwhelmed and said, “What should I call you, my daughter or Mahalakshmi?” Tears filled my eyes; I ran to him and fell at his feet. He blessed me. I wondered why I was overcome with such intense emotion. Why did I feel such immense affection? The sage then said, “You have sacrificed everything for the welfare of the whole world. I will protect you from any evil. Nothing can obstruct you and no one can prevent your progress.” He then gave me a small shiny maroon colored fruit to eat and said, “This fruit contains all my powers.” He called it a honey fruit. After this Swami and I returned to Silver Island.
In the evening I asked Swami, “What is the relationship between us and Sage Suka? What happened to me when I saw him? Swami said, “Suka narrated the Shrimadh Bhagavatham to King Parikshit. He lost his heart in Krishna leela and forgot himself in Radha’s devotion. This is the relation.”
Kaaka Bujanga nadi says that I enjoy the grace of Shirdi Baba and Sage Suka and because of this my name will spread throughout the world. Swami has said that Sage Suka best exemplifies sanyasa. When he was in his mother’s womb, he refused to be born as he would have worldly bondage. After twelve years he was born and immediately he ran toward the forest shouting, “Oh Lord! Oh Lord!” It is said that his father, Sage Vyasa ran behind him calling, “Oh son! Oh son!”